Friday, May 09, 2014

Why Don't They Understand This?


I already prefer the self checkout as I am much more efficient in sorting and bagging than any 17 year old...

6 comments:

CrabbyOldMan said...

One the biggest reasons for my being so crabby is the ability of lefty politicians to exploit the abysmal economic ignorance of so much of the electorate. Most of the people who comment here understand that Ala hits the nail squarely on the head. The exceptions are the few who are truly stupid and those who actually know better, but quack just to annoy the rest of us.
I, too, have been checking myself out much of the time and for the same reasons.
The idea that an entry level job should pay enough to provide a middle class standard of living is so stupid, so completely out of touch with reality that it is hard to believe that anyone, even the “low information” Democrat base would buy that argument.

Zelda said...

I was a checker in high school. Politically, the Democrats are right to price those jobs into oblivion. I learned more about the human condition in 6 months at a grocery store than I ever did in college.

The more grocery store workers there are, the more die-hard Republicans there will be.

Fearthuinn min an Saille said...

They have these all over the place in France. 20 self-checkout places and 5 cashiers. They pay livable wages.

Haverwilde said...

Yup, When you reduce your payroll by 80%, you can pay the remaining 20% more.
So if a living wage is $20/hr and you now have one person replacing 5 who were making $8, you have saved yourself $20/hour in wages. That looks about right, the unintended, or perhaps intended consequence is you now have those formerly employed workers on the federal dole.
Got ain't socialism grand!

Proof said...

I saw an automated kiosk at a Jack in the Box counter not too long ago.

Some restaurants also offer an app for you phone, where you can order on line and have your meal ready for you when you arrive.

Combine them both, and you have less need for people standing at a counter taking orders.

free0352 said...

They do understand it. The more people laid off, the more people on welfare, and that means more Democrat votes.

You think they don't know this?