Sunday, January 19, 2014

So long, Professor, and thanks for all the fun

Yep, Russell Johnson, The Professor from Gilligan's Island died. On Bainbrdige Island. A large island in Puget Sound. Seattle PI write up here:
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022685124_russelljohnsonobitxml.html


Nice comments, especially from one fellow who rode on an airplane with Johnson and got some insight into the early days of TV.


And how ironic? A guy best know for portraying someone who was a castaway on an island, lived and died - on an island...

6 comments:

Proof said...

If he'd only patented that coconut radio!

Haverwilde said...

OT
ALA, I pray all is well with you. I have missed your posts. I hope that you have just been busy over the Holiday season.

CrabbyOldMan said...

So do I ALa.

CrabbyOldMan said...

OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC

This article is a little tedious at the start, but the observations about the work ethics and personal behaviors of the rich and the poor make for very informative reading. I was very surprised at how small the role of inherited wealth is among the rich. That role is actually much more prominent among the middle class and the poor.
I urge everyone to read this. It is not very long.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/368869/working-rich-kevin-d-williamson

SoLow said...

I got to enjoy a marathon of Gilligan's Island last night - I'm assuming it was in honor of the Professor. I always thought MaryAnne was hot when I was 13-ish, but geez, she got hotter now that I'm 40-something!!!!

Foxy Wizard said...

At this point in my life, Natalie Shafer is starting to look pretty good.