Monday, October 15, 2012

I Will Not Be Ignored!

Yahoo! Sports NHL Blogger: Puck Daddy aka Greg Wyshynski (NJ Devils fan...doesn't that just say it all?) exposed his liberal leanings during the flap up over the Bruins' Tim Thomas refusing to be a hypocrite and stand for photo ops at Obama's White House. Now he goes there again by calling focus group organizer Frank Luntz 'a toad.' Now, I could care less if he thinks he's a toad, but he writes a HOCKEY blog...why is he talking politics?! Especially during a contentious election cycle where our distraction from politics IS BEING LOCKED OUT?!


Dear Wysh:

I have published the following comment twice over at Puck Daddy under the post trashing Frank Luntz. Mysteriously neither have shown up.

Just because you won't publish my comment doesn't mean I won't be heard. I'll publish my own damn comment:

"Sigh. It was bad enough you went there during the Timmy Thomas thing, but I kept coming because you're the biggest hockey blog. Dude, who do you think is watching and playing hockey?! There is violence. It is encouraged. There is a winner and only that winner gets a trophy. You're not going to games or buying jerseys on a starving artist salary or if you're Occupying Wall Street. If your kids play, no hybrid is cutting it. You need a giant SUV and if they play travel hockey, you're putting LOTS of miles on that sucker. Hockey = HUGE carbon imprint. And, you're in trouble if you're relying on socialized medicine or dental care. Get with it...no tofu eating, enviro-nuts are watching hockey or letting their wussy little offspring anywhere near the ice...because they know my two are just waiting for them..."

So, there.

12 comments:

Wyatt Earp said...

Full. Of. Win!

Rickvid in Seattle said...

But didn't Palin talk about hockey in 2008? And dogs, too, or something, so it's okay. Right?

Ken Holman said...

what do you want from a NJD fan?

Freemom said...

This lock out thing is a bummer...I LOVED your response here...my niece used to play hockey..now that she is in law school she only has time for Rugby. Oh, and she is pretty too. Did I mention her third degree black belt? She might drive a hybrid...I am not sure.

Jpck20 said...

Honestly could give a shit about puck daddy and his shit-for-brains blog.

He is a Devils fan ergo a whining clueless idiot.

Go Kings!!!

Hockeymama said...

Read your blog occasionally but never had cause to comment. But this is just too funny. So you think Republicans hold a monopoly on hockey? My brother, husband and three sons play ice hockey - and I can promise you they are no wussies. We are, however, democrats. Playing hockey is certainly very expensive. But contrary to what your republicans like to think, there are MANY highly succesful democrats that don't have an issue paying more in taxes to benefit the masses. In fact, some of those government-funded programs help subsidize local youth sport activities so the kids whose parents can't afford to pay the $2K in base fees can still play. If you could afford it, you could very easily buy a large hybrid SUV to tote around all the gear. And one large enough so that this hockey mama doesn't have to deal with the stench that comes along with this apparently republican leaning sport. My boys are more than ready to check yours into the boards any day - but off the ice, I have taught them to be thankful for being born into a privledged life and that, just like on the ice, sometimes people need a hand to get back on their feet.

ALa said...

Sad, even the title or the "So, there" didn't tip off the humor of the post...?

ALa said...

On a lighter note, I hear ya on the SMELL. Oh God, is there anything worse?!

Anonymous said...

Contrary to what WHO thinks? LOL!
Most of us are fully aware that there are MANY, MANY successful (yes, I had to correct your spelling of the word "successful") democrats, and most of them have them same condescending view towards all of us who aren't quite so wealthy as you do. Your whole comment has an overpowering stench of elitism. I find you and your type disgusting. I, as a part of your "masses", don't want your handouts, I'll support my family myself, thank you very much.

"... But contrary to what your republicans like to think, there are MANY highly succesful democrats that don't have an issue paying more in taxes to benefit the masses.."

Anonymous said...

...and most of them have THE same condescending view...

Anonymous said...

Hockeymomma = Arrogant Bitch

Anonymous said...

What a condescending bitch, typical liberal elitest! Just WOW! My bet is she's also never worked a day in her life... her husband does all the work, brings in the money, and she pays for house keepers and nannys.