Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Guest from the Right: Luis Cavalcanti

University of Minnesota Runs Anti-White Commercial



State tax dollars, apparently, have gone toward the creation of a new commercial that takes on white privilege. You, the commercial says, are privileged because you’re white. Is the commercial correct? I don’t know. But I wonder when it became the state’s role to start running public service announcements about how you’re a racist because you’re white.

Ok, so it’s not all that bad right? There’s no way that the University is accusing white people of allowing racism or being racist… Oh wait, the motto of the University sponsored organization that this commercial is for is “It’s hard to see racism when you’re white.” I suppose it’s fair though considering so many organizations are running with mottoes like, “it’s hard not to do crime when you’re black”, “it’s hard to avoid getting girls you’re not married to pregnant before you’ve gone to college when your black” and the most offensive, “it’s hard to avoid putting hydraulics in your car if you’re Hispanic.” I’ve seen those mottoes on the signs of other organizations… I swear I have.

I bet the University takes a lot of heat for this. Good job U of M.

(You can read Luis Cavalcanti at Bredred: Irreverent News Stories)

No comments: