Wednesday, April 11, 2012

13 Days Til I Had a Voice


This primary was the first time in my memory that I was set to actually have a say in the nominee for the GOP and Rick Santorum goes and drops out...and unfortunately, Newt is just a paper tiger at this point.

Just 13 days and I was poised and ready to have MY say. I live in the birthplace of the Constitution for Christ's sake and I don't EVER get a voice in who the next Presidential nominee will be... Oh sure, I'll still vote two Tuesdays from now, but it will be an obligatory and empty ballot cast from the first epicenter of American politics that is now rendered impotent in the race for the Oval Office.

So, as my dreams of an actual vote swirl around the bowl, we have come to the seemingly inevitable. Mitt strap-the-dog-to-the-roof Romney will be our nominee.

So, what now?

All that I can hope for ( for myself anyway) is the sibling mentality kicks in once Obama starts attacking Romney. The "hey I can say that, but you can't" possessiveness. I might not feel the love I want to for Romney, but once Obama starts attacking Conservative ideals and Libertarian ideology...my dislike can be trained on him.

Baby steps.

No comments: