Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Vehemently Disagree With Abstaining Voters


I've come to realize over the past few weeks that I have far less respect for fellow Conservative/Libertarian minded folks that are going to abstain from voting this go-around than the original lefty crowd that bought into Obama's promise of 'change' to begin with.

With the promise of four more years unhindered by the restraint of a reelection, how can you sit idle?

We've already had a taste of the change Obama promised in the form of Obamacare, a tanking economy, soaring gas prices, major cuts in military/veteran benefits, a $800,000 soccer field for GITMO detainees, Elena Kagan, Eric Holder, infringement on religious freedoms, Kathleen Sebelius, and more apologies for America than I can count...to name just a few.

I don't give a crap if ____________(fill in the blank) is "Obama-Light."

A bottle of Corona is 148 calories and 14 carbs per bottle.

A bottle of Corona Light is 105 calories and just 5 carbs per bottle.

If you drink tons of Corona Light will you still end up drunk with a beer gut? Of course, but in half the time.

I'll have the Corona Light please.

With lime.

And a clear conscience.

1 comment:

Lola said...

Well said! I too have found the fiscal conservatives (social liberals) and "libertarians" (they like to call themselves that because its not R or D, the new "independent" so to speak) about as at odds with myself as much as the flaming liberals! Today I heard one of my fellow college students (12 years my junior) talking about how screwed up the two party system is and how "unfair" it all is... BOOHOO!!! It's the best system in the world SO FAR!!!
Anyways, my point is that I am just as disgusted with fiscal conservatives (i.e. bluebloods, countryclub republicans, ect.) and libertarians as I am with flaming liberals as well as mindless liberals... wow that is a mouthfull