This is from the blog That's Saul, Folks! in a post entitled, "Funny...I Vote Democrat Because..."
When your “friends” cannot explain why they vote for Democrats, give them this list. They can then pick their reasons from this “TOP 13″…
When I assess their situation, I find the most common is #13.
1. I vote Democrat because I believe oil companies’ profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.
2. I vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
3. I vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
4. I vote Democrat because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
5. I vote Democrat because I believe that people who can’t tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don’t start driving a Prius.
6. I vote Democrat because I’m not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
7. I vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.
8. I vote Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
9. I vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
10. I vote Democrat because I think that it’s better to pay billions to people who hate us, for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.
11. I vote Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised “HOPE AND CHANGE”.
12. I vote Democrat because I’m convinced that the Government should control everyone’s health and tell everyone how to best run their own lives, based on their success with Social Security, the Post Office, the economy, controlling the border . . .
13. I vote Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my %#&, it’s unlikely that I’ll ever have another point of view.