Friday, February 24, 2012

It's A Thin Line Between Good Intentions and Psychosis

So, I am a huge animal lover. I mean, like, I've even given money to the Sea Shepherds. I won't see 'A Dolphin's Tale' or go to Discovery Cove because I am against captive dolphins. (Though, I have to be honest, unlike Free0352 I didn't think Marley and Me was all that sad because that dog was atrocious...and much like Cesar Millan, I don't find canine bad behavior endearing. You want sad? Watch Hachi: A Dog's Tale)

That being said, I do value human life over animals' lives (well, unless it's between an Army dog and a terrorist in Afghanistan)...

And though I find the wearing of fur to be an odd and outdated practice...to actively recruit a hit man to kill random people wearing fur? Yeah, a little psychotic. And wouldn't you just die to know the family history/dynamics of this chick?

"A self-proclaimed animal rights activist in Ohio has been charged with soliciting a hit man to kill a random person wearing fur, either by shooting the individual or slitting his or her throat.

Meredith Lowell, 27, of Cleveland Heights, is accused of creating a phony Facebook profile with the intention of contacting a would-be killer, according to the affidavit filed in an Ohio district court.

Lowell allegedly posted on the social media website the following request: "I would like to create an online community on facebook which would allow me to find someone who is willing to kill someone who is wearing fur toward the end of October 2011 or early November 2011 or possibly in January 2012 or February 2012 at the latest." (source)

No comments: