Friday, January 27, 2012

Nagging Wife Lazy Husband

"You all are turning me into a nag!"

I have been known to yell this at my family in abject frustration. The reason I stopped teaching was I don't enjoy being a disciplinarian and a nag, BUT...

I live with 4 boys and I am a bit of a perfectionist and a control freak. People are always telling me that I do too much and that I need to delegate more. But, when I want something done, I want it done right then. If not, it's of no help to me to have someone else do it. I also want it done they way I would have done it.

So, as I read this article this morning about NAGGING being a bigger marriage killer than adultery...I am wondering if the article should in fact say LAZINESS and INACTION are the biggest marriage killers. Saying NAGGING is placing the blame squarely on the shoulders of the woman. Now, if your woman is nagging at you to get her more Twinkies because she doesn't want to miss who the baby daddy on Maurie is...okay, I get it. But if your wife if making you dinner and making your living space a wonderful place to come home to and she has to ask you 20X to anything --that is not her nagging that is YOU being lazy.

Luckily, The Man is very helpful and I am rarely forced to nag him (unless it's about his own health and making doctor's appointments, etc), but I have friends that are FORCED to nag constantly because husband grows roots on the couch the second he comes home. It's tiring to witness, I can't imagine having to live it...

No comments: