Monday, January 23, 2012

Are We Moving Toward a Brokered Convention?



"From its inception in 1980 through the election of 2008, the winner of the South Carolina Republican presidential primary has gone on to win the nomination." (source)

But, I believe in each of these cases the candidate that won South Carolina also won either Iowa or New Hampshire.

I don't know how many of you are on Twitter, but it has gotten SO contentious. I mean, enough so that I don't really want to go on anymore. I touched on this a little last week, but I really don't want Ann Coulter telling me how sub-par my intelligence is because I am supporting a different candidate than she is. (And I have to make note of the fact that the pro-Mitt people are the nastiest hands down...)

It is possible to voice your opinion without giving the Dems ammunition...









When was the last time there was a brokered convention in the Republican party --and how much damage is done to the nominee in that process? Are we headed there? Is all this in-fighting handing Obama his reelection on a silver platter? I'm not saying let's not debate on the merits, and I'm not saying that I'm offended by the negative campaigning when it's aimed at the Left...but this petty back and forth between people that are settling to begin with seems incredibly counter productive...

Florida weighs in next Tuesday (and as of right now, Newt is currently in the lead.)

No comments: