Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Why Does Mitt Give me The Ick You Ask?

“He can argue any side of a question. And sometimes you think he’s really believing his argument, but he’s not.” – Ann Romney



Many of you (well, a few of you anyway), claimed you abstained from voting in 2008 because you couldn't pull the lever for John McCain. I would vote for John McCain all next week and Sunday before I'd push a button lit with Romney's name. The emails aren't changing my mind. Seriously.

“Governor Mitt Romney, who touts his conservative credentials to out-of-state Republicans, has passed over GOP lawyers for three-quarters (75%) of the 36 judicial vacancies he has faced, instead tapping registered Democrats or independents – including two gay lawyers who have supported expanded same-sex rights.”
-source, The Boston Globe

You'd be amazed once you start doing some digging --Article after article after article online describe him as a MODERATE as not in step with Conservative values or goals. Or worse as a flip-flopper, chameleon and someone that lacks genuine convictions...and many of these were written long before a second Presidential run and written by actual Conservatives.

"Massachusetts has very strong gun laws, and I support them." -Mitt Romney

In Fact, Mitt Romney has called himself a MODERATE (code word for RINO) and often distanced himself from actual Conservatives: “I’m not a partisan politician,” Romney said in a 1994 interview with The Post. “My hope is that, after this election, it will be the moderates of both parties who will control the Senate, not the Jesse Helms’.

He's even on the wrong side of the Contract with America: "In my view, it is not a good idea to go into a contract like what was organized by the Republican party in Washington. You don't pick teams with republicans on one side and Democrats on the other. Whoever loses will feel like the loser."

I swear he said that:



There's even claims that he helped at a fund raiser for Planned Parenthood

Not to mention Romneycare ---which in the past he touted as a Conservative idea. And though he backs from it on a federal level, Obamacare was based on Romneycare. What a legacy that is...

I could go on (and on and on), but I won't because the more I read and write about this guy...the more I loathe the fact that 25% of my fellow Republicans have him in the top spot....

"I was an Independent during the times of Reagan/Bush. I'm not trying to return to Reagan/Bush." -Mitt Romney

(H/T: Kelly of Furthermore for compiling so much of this information/links)

No comments: