Wednesday, September 21, 2011

G-Free Baby!

A few weeks ago I posted about being shunned from the 'Hottest Women Bloggers in New Media.' I know I need not say this to those of you who have frequented here for the last few years...but I did this in a spirit of fun. I could care less that I wasn't on the list, nor do I think my blog is big enough to warrant my inclusion. It was supposed to be funny and intended to direct attention to some of my fellow WOMEN Bloggers.

There was something good that came from the post though. An unwitting troll subsequently paid me the best compliment I've had in a long time. He (actually quite possibly a she) wrote this:

Maybe that's because 1) if YOU call yourself hot, then you probably aren't; 2) If you need someone to talk about how hot you are, then you probably arent; and 3) If you post a photo as your profile pic that is probably 15-20 years old, then you probably WERE but aren't.


Let's re-read that last line:

"If you post a photo as your profile pic that is probably 15-20 years old, then you probably WERE but aren't."

My sis took that profile picture at my mom's 4th of July BBQ 2011. Just over a month before the comment was left.

So, THANK YOU troll for saying I look 15-20 years YOUNGER than I am!

But, the reason I bring this up is to tell you why: NO GLUTEN!

I have been Gluten-Free for 8 months and it's changed my life.

Aches, pains, headaches, bloating, stomach aches, lack of energy...all things I lived with forever and thought were normal --ALL GONE.

I felt so good that The Man was jealous and he went Gluten Free almost 3 months ago and has had the same incredible results.

You know what, on second thought...if I look 20 or 25 years old at 40 with three kids...I should be on that F-ing list! ;)

No comments: