Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dear Morgan Freeman

I hate when politicians et al are forced to apologize for something they've said..and I normally disdain those claiming to be so offended by whatever utterances were in question...

BUT, for one of the first times in my political life I am truly offended by not only your words, but you as a person...Because of the fact that I believe YOU BELIEVE the bullshit that you are spouting.

YOU SAID: "[The Tea Party's] stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term," Freeman noted. "What underlines that? 'Screw the country. We're going to whatever we can to get this black man outta here. It is a racist thing. [The Tea Party agenda] just shows the weak, dark, underside of America. We're supposed to be better than that." -Morgan Freeman, "Piers Morgan Tonight" 9/23/11

Do you for one minute think that Right-leaning political groups didn't publicly state that their mission was to make Bill Clinton a one-term President?!

Do you not think that if Hillary, Chris Dodd, Joe Biden or John Edwards would have won in 2008 that the Tea Party wouldn't be 100% committed to making them a one-term President?

Do you think for a second that the ACTUAL racists in America only reside on the right hand side of the aisle? (The only person in my life that threw around the N-bomb like he was saying any other word was a TOTAL LIB!)

Besides the fact that you refuse to let simple things like FACTS cloud your judgement (Herman Cain is a Tea Party favorite you ass!), YOU are perpetuating racism with your irresponsible and uniformed remarks.

Have you ever been to a Tea Party rally? I dare say you haven't. Both the Tea Party gatherings that I have attended prominently featured African American speakers and both had African American participants.

I am disgusted by you and your hypocrisy when it comes to race. And you'll be rich with a soap box regardless of what I do...but I will not watch you on screen again because you sicken me.

Cain responds to Freeman:
"Most of the people that are criticizing the Tea Parties ... about having a racist element, they have never been to a Tea Party. I just think that it is sad that they're so short-sighted in really understanding what the whole Tea Party citizen movement is all about," he continued. "I'm not offended by it, because it doesn't slow down my momentum. It doesn't slow down the reaction that I get from people.
So, name-calling is something that's going to continue in this, because they don't know how to stop this movement. And this movement is making a big difference in politics, because a lot of the traditional Democrats are moving to the center or moving over to vote for conservatives. They're taking another look at a Herman Cain." (source)

No comments: