Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The Roof, The Roof, The Roof is On Fire...

or, should I say the ceiling...?



President Obama promptly signed the measure and submitted a formal request to Congress to lift the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling, instantly giving the Treasury $400 billion in additional borrowing power." (source)

"Just 44 percent of Americans approve of the agreement between Democrats and Republicans to "raise the federal government's debt ceiling through the year 2013 and make major cuts in government spending over the next few years," while 52 percent disapprove.

Republicans and independents are driving this disapproval. Democrats approve of the agreement, 63 percent to 32 percent. But only 35 percent of Republicans and independents approve of the agreement. More than three-in-five independents disapprove." (source)

Is everyone else sick to death talking about this? My own household monies are tedious enough without feeling the weight of the country's debt. As I've said before, it's hard for me to watch my country do the irresponsible thing. My family's motto for the past five years: If you can't pay for it in cash, you shouldn't have it. I wish my country could make the same sacrifice...

You know what Rock Master Scott & the Dynamic Three would say: 'Let the motherf***a burn!'

No comments: