Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rick Perry is Exciting the GOP

Michelle Malkin doesn't like that he required girls in Texas to have the HPV vaccine. I vacillate on that issue. Of course, the Libertarian in me hates the thought of the government mandating something I have to do with my child, but the practical side of me knows how prevalent HPV is and that most parents are in denial about their teens sexual activity... Malkin's accusation is that he erred on the side of his vaccine-maker friends, but with HPV having over 75 identified strains and the fact that it can be transmitted even when a condom is worn makes me think he erred on the side of public safety. That being said, I would like him to explain this action and how/if it differs from other actions looking to control personal decisions by the government (i.e. snack bans to curb obesity).

On the other hand, self-proclaimed presidential seer Gene Simmons is declaring that America will have a President Rick Perry.

Perry is dominating the news. The MSM may have even forgotten about Bachmann's "crazy eyes." Poor Ron Paul doesn't even exist despite coming in a razor sharp close second to Bachmann in the straw poll.

From what I've seen the drive-by media has been feverishly compiling the 100 ways Rick perry is the same as George bush list...

They're already setting him up as the "George Bush on steroids" ("too-Bush-y" the "George Bush knock-off" etc, etc.), the low grade earner, popular frat boy, male cheerleader, prankster and finally Texas Governor...hell, he even looks a little like Bush in his Air Force photo... So ready yourself for all the Photoshop pictures of Dubya and Perry morphed together...and all the *yawn* signs about America not being able to afford another Texas Governor...

As for me, I'm reserved for now. I'm going to order his book Fed Up! Our Fight to Save America from Washington on my Nook today. I have more reading and searching YouTube for past interviews, etc to do... But, I have to admit...he's given me a glimmer of hope I didn't have a few weeks ago...

No comments: