Friday, July 15, 2011

Who Will It Be for the GOP?


Ugh. I hate this. I hate waiting. I hate surprises. I hate that a bunch of rubes in Iowa and New Hampshire get to pick who the next Presidential candidate is --and they have gotten it wrong SO MANY TIMES.

The Oval Office is just sitting there --waiting to be taken. BUT, as I have said in the past...I don't believe a party that is voting AGAINST someone instead of FOR someone can win. Case-in-point: John Kerry. I think they hated Bush much more than we hate Obama --yet Kerry didn't enthuse them and despite all the "Anybody But Bush" talk...Kerry lost.

"Registered voters by a significant margin now say they are more likely to vote for the "Republican Party's candidate for president" than for President Barack Obama in the 2012 election, 47% to 39%. Preferences had been fairly evenly divided this year in this test of Obama's re-election prospects.

The latest results are based on a July 7-10 poll, and show that the Republican has an edge for the second consecutive month. Obama held a slight edge in May, when his approval rating increased after the death of Osama bin Laden. As his rating has come back down during the last two months, so has his standing on the presidential "generic ballot." (Gallup)

We need someone to WOW us. Who will it be? Will it be Cain, Pawlenty, Bachmann...or will Rick Perry enter the fray and be the one. I wish I knew. The waiting is killing me...

No comments: