Monday, May 02, 2011

Osama Bin Laden: Deceased


All these college kids chanting in front of the White House and at Ground Zero... These kids that were 9, 10 and 11 at the time of the attacks? But I (who stood and watched black smoke snake down the horizon line) have no emotion like that? Why?

I don't feel glee, relief, excitement or joy. I feel nothing. Is something wrong with me? Am I just not processing? Has it just been too long in coming? Did I truly buy into the 'he's just a figure head' line we have been given for 10 years?

Don't get me wrong,

I am glad that the families of Armed Forces members that lost their lives in Afghanistan now have some sort of closure.

I am glad the President was ballsy enough to put aside his personal proclivities and act in the good of the country to sign an order allowing SEALs to enter a sovereign country and kill Bin Laden at close range if need be.

I am grateful for the CIA and Special Forces (SEAL Team 6) that risked their lives.

I am glad OBL is dead and that there will be no national fight over the location of a trial and no burial site for his followers to deify.

I just don't have any urge to chant USA or throw glow sticks in the air.

And I'm not sure why.

No comments: