...that GWB would have been criticized by those that are singing Obama's praises for taking down Bin Laden in the manner we are being told it happened.
I really didn't want to get partisan in the light of this good news, but the more snarky the FB comments became the more I started thinking about how this news would be received if it were the Bush Administration delivering it.
So, I'll start:
1) How was this information gleaned? Was torture, rendition or waterboarding used to get this intelligence? You monster, he was only a figurehead!
2) You really expect us to believe you "buried him at sea" with nothing to prove it but your word yet you sent troops in instead of using a hellfire missile because you were afraid people wouldn't believe you? He has a right to a fair trial but you had a murderous navy SEAL take the law into his own hands!
3) Were these 40 SEALS and CIA operatives put in harm's way for a giant PR stunt to boost your reelection chances? Why wait until now?
4) You just created a recruiting tool for al Qaeda by not giving him a proper Islamic burial.
5) You created an enemy of Pakistan, a sovereign nation that is a nuclear power, by going in and carrying out this mission without their consent. What if a foreign country did that in America?
This is what I came up with so far... I'm sure they'd be a cavalcade of other accusations should it have been Bush that made this announcement.
Like I said, I really don't want to poke and bicker across the aisle...but all the dove's boasting hawks talons are beginning to unnerve me.