Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why Can't Logic Ever Prevail?

For someone like me that believes in a very limited role of government and entitlements that are few and far between...the WASTE irks me much more than the welfare.

It's a shame that we can't cut all the waste and see where that leaves us economically as a country. The sex changes for prisoners, the bridges to nowhere and airports for no one, the initiatives to promote the mating of the western bull weevil or the $450,000 for five Navy F-18s to fly over the closed roof of Cowboys Stadium....WHY?!

This morning, as I tried to enjoy my morning coffee, I was feeling sick as I read about this:

"Taxpayers in NY may pay $800,000 to give a life-saving heart transplant to 55 year old Kenneth Pike, an upstate rapist whose crime of incest was so "grotesquely criminal" that a prosecutor said he should "rot in prison."

As we all argue over defunding NPR, Planned Parenthood and Medicare...couldn't we be agreeing on cutting ALL THE BLATANT WASTE first...or is that much too logical for our leaders?

No comments: