Thursday, March 24, 2011

WWJD: What Would Joe Do?

What would Vice President Joe Biden have done if "George Bush and Dick Cheney had bombed Iran?"

"I am not one, who if you've observed me for some time, I am not one who's engaged in excessive populist rhetoric. I'm not one that pits the rich against the poor. I'm not one who's gone out there and made false threats against presidents about, and god love him he's a great guy, I'm not Dennis Kucinich saying impeach everybody now. But let me tell you, I have written an extensive legal memorandum with the help of a group of legal scholars who are sort of a stable of people, the best-known constitutional scholars in America, because for 17 years I was chairman of the Judiciary Committee.

"I asked them to put together [for] me a draft, which I'm now literally riding between towns editing, that I want to make clear and submit to the Untied States Senate pointing out the president has no authority to unilaterally attack Iran. And I want to make it clear, I want it on the record, and I want to make it clear, if he does, as chairman of the foreign relations committee and former chair of the judiciary committee, I will move to impeach him."

So...I'm wondering, in light of the fact that there was no Congressional approval to bomb Libya, when are the impeachment proceedings going to begin?

Speaking of impeachment (which I bring up in jest to poke fun at the ever-present hypocrisy...not that I believe the current President should be ousted) did you see the clip of Trump on The View?



Why should he have to?! What do you mean why should he have to?! Yeah Whoopi, it's because he's Black... *sigh*

No comments: