Thursday, February 24, 2011

Teaching, Breast Feeding, DOMA and Privacy


  • If teachers had their facebook settings at the highest privacy level, their profile picture wouldn't even show up and no one could verify the account was actually theirs. You can even set your account so you don't come up in a search. Given that, I don't understand why 3 teachers in the past month have been fired over FB postings. Most of my teacher friends don't even have FB under their real names, but if you have one...be smart and change your privacy settings...
    "My students are out of control," Munroe, who has taught 10th, 11th and 12th grades, wrote in one post. "They are rude, disengaged, lazy whiners. They curse, discuss drugs, talk back, argue for grades, complain about everything, fancy themselves entitled to whatever they desire, and are just generally annoying." (Source)


  • The world must be coming to an end...Michelle Obama and I agree on something while Michele Bachmann and I disagree! Breastfeeding. Yes, I agree that all women should do it. And yes, if the government uses my tax dollars for nasty formula via WIC when the woman buying it has something better and free right on her person...I should most definitely get a tax deduction for my breast pump. Since I breast fed AFTER a tumor removal and TWO reconstructive surgeries, I am certainly qualified to speak to this issue...


  • Bad news for the gays. Instead of celebrating the Obama Administration's announcement that it will no longer defend challenges to DOMA...you should be coming to the realization that if EITHER SIDE actually gave a crap about your rights...someone would have introduced a legitimate Civil Union Act that would grant everyone equal rights in the eyes of the LAW. Until someone does, realize you are just a political ping pong.


  • And, against all my Libertarian proclivities, I am 100% behind an effort to create an app that prevents kids from erasing their text messages and allows parents to view anything their child does on the phone. Until your out of my house and paying for your own bills...privacy isn't afforded to you.
  • No comments: