Friday, February 25, 2011

Speaking of Bald Being Sexy...


Philadelphia's Fire and Police Departments (which get along, unlike New York's) are participating in the:

Philadelphia Police and Fire Be Brave, Get Shaved

Volunteering to get sponsors and have their heads shaved in a valiant effort to raise money for little kids with cancer. Love this charity!

As many of you know, I am from a Philly firefighter family. My dad, my uncle, my brother are all members of the PFD. And my two favorite Philly bloggers represent the Fire Department and the Police Department here in the City of Brotherly Love.

This is the page for my brother's friend Firefighter Fred Licsauer who has volunteered to sheer his lovely blonde locks to help one of the 160,000 children that are diagnosed with cancer each year.

I know these are tough times and the fact that he only has $100 raised toward his goal of $1000 is proof of that.

Maybe you have a few bucks to help?

(There's even an iphone app that allows you to preview yourself bald!)

No comments: