Monday, January 31, 2011

Obama's MSM Makeover

This Time Magazine cover is from November 2008, shortly after Obama was elected into office:



And this one is the new Time cover for February 2011:



I'm wondering what the nuances of this media makeover are. Obama's base despises Reagan. One of the local 'old media' writers here even went so far as to write a book belittling Conservatives for 'distorting the Reagan legacy.' (I'm assuming he's representative of most of the MSM as he's an unabashed Obamatron and a 'journalist' for a large, urban paper all rolled into one...and they complain that Fox News is biased!)

So is this the MSM admitting that the majority of the country admires Ronald Reagan and his legacy?

USA Today says Obama is moving to the middle. HuffPo claims he's moving to the middle...but no Conservative think tanks are buying it as far as I can tell. Is this a concerted shift in the media to help Obama kick off his 2012 bid...or, is this the MSM actually highlighting that Obama is going to TRY and feign a Clintonian move to the center to hornswoggle Americans into voting him into a second term?

And that being said, Red State has a post on a subject near and dear to my heart, We Need A Conservative Not Mitt Romney. No Romney in 2012. It's my greatest fear. It's the way the GOP operates. Always nominating the last election's cast off. Romney is NOT the way to ensure a one term Obama.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brokersring.com - Learn how to turn $500 into $5,000 in a month!

[url=http://www.brokersring.com/]Make Money Online[/url] - The Secret Reveled with Binary Option

Binary Options is the way to [url=http://www.brokersring.com/]make money[/url] securely online

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally talking about > "Obama's MSM Makeover" < Loved it!

Visit my website binary options system

Anonymous said...

I am really loving the theme/design of your website.
Do you ever run into any browser compatibility issues?
A small number of my blog visitors have
complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome.
Do you have any advice to help fix this problem?



Feel free to surf to my blog post :: binary options system

Anonymous said...

Hi there to еѵery ѕinglе οne, it's actually a pleasant for me to go to see this website, it includes precious Information.

Also visit my web blog :: braun blenders