Monday, January 24, 2011

No Wrongdoing by the Children? What About Their Parents?


"A teacher at a California primary school has been suspended amid shocking claims that children engaged in oral sex and took off their clothes in class.

Pupils aged just seven or eight are believed to engaged in the acts at Markham Elementary School in Oakland last week. The male second-grade teacher, whose name has not been released, told investigators he did not see any of the alleged incidents.

Mr Flint stressed that none of the pupils was accused of wrongdoing.

'It's an incident of kids expressing their natural curiosity that went too far because an adult didn't step in,' he said."
(SOURCE)

Really? No wrongdoing? Natural curiosity at SEVEN? I didn't even know a penis was called a 'penis' until THIRD grade (before a girlfriend told me in the school bathroom, it was just 'the snake.') I didn't know what oral sex was until middle school (maybe high school).

Oral sex in the classroom in SECOND GRADE? I'm thinking the parents should be subject to serious psychiatric interviews and possibly criminal questioning. When I first heard this, innocent curiosity was the furthest thing from my mind. I was thinking, 'well, now they know that these kids have been/are being sexually abused. Am I alone in being shocked at how this is all being put on the teacher? Not absolving him by any means...but he didn't raise these kids... Oral sex at 7?! Ugh, makes me sick to my stomach...

No comments: