Friday, January 07, 2011

Free Speech? Not Really.


My 12 year old and I were recently arguing about whether there was actually free speech in America. He said his teacher said there was and I told him to go down to 30th Street station -or the airport- and yell "bomb."

I'll have to let him read this story when he gets home today:

"UFC lightweight Jacob Volkmann, following his UFC 125 win over Antonio McKee, declared that he wanted to fight President Barack Obama for his next fight.

His words got him a visit from the Secret Service on Tuesday.

That comment got the government’s attention, as just days later, the Secret Service came to chat with the fighter.

“It happened on Tuesday, I was coaching youth practice, and then two guys came up and one of the other coaches that was helping me out, they said there was a cop and another guy out there waiting for me,” Volkmann told MMAWeekly.com. “I went out there and the guy introduced himself and said he was from the Secret Service and he wanted to ask me some questions about UFC 125 and my quote. He said there were people calling in to D.C. telling them that somebody, me, was threatening the President.” (SOURCE)

No comments: