Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tax Cuts, the Deficit and the Lame Duck Session

Once again I will preface this by reiterating my lack of economic finesse...

But I want to understand.

How does extending the time that someone keeps more of their own money (aka The Bush-era tax cuts) increase the deficit?

...UNLESS, Congress was already spending money they didn't have.

And wouldn't spending money we don't yet have be amongst the unwise practices that got us into this mess to begin with?

I don't know what's so hard about cutting waste. Maybe I will vote for Donald Trump should he run in 2012. I think we need a ruthless business man instead of a smarmy politician...

Something else I don't understand...how can a Senator that was just re-soundly beaten...the people he represents told him to go home...introduce a MAJOR bill and get it through? Regardless of my feelings about DADT...I am pretty sure it was Patrick Murphy's crusade to repeal DADT that lost him his seat to begin with. Is this addressed in the Constitution....this lame duck time? Should someone whose ideas were rejected be allowed to quickly push something through that is contrary to the will of their constituents?

No comments: