Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Argument for a Draft

(Still no internet and Comcast admitted it was their fault...but don't fret, they'll credit me SIX DOLLARS! lol)

We've had quite a few discussions here about the pros and cons of mandatory military conscription. It seems that it's mostly those that have served that come down the strongest against a draft of any sort... And though I get your whole 'I don't want the guy next to me in a foxhole someone that was forced to be there' reasoning. But that being said, I think I've just heard an argument that beats that one...

Since the Vietnam war era draft ended, all of the manliest men ( those willing to fight and die for their country...those that can successfully navigate boot camp, special forces training and combat) are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan (tough women too!) and being taken out of the gene pool. Leaving us with all those not strong enough, patriotic enough or manly enough to serve. An all-volunteer military is removing vital superior DNA from our country and is leaving us with what we are increasingly seeing in the 20-something college kids...

I found that to be the most compelling argument for the draft I've heard...

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: