Wednesday, November 10, 2010

President Bush on Oprah


She looked like she wanted to be harder on him than she was...she was charmed, you could tell.

For those of you that missed it, Bush 43 was on the Oprah Winfrey show yesterday. I broke my NO OPRAH pact for Laura Bush and overrode it again yesterday for W...and I'm glad I did.

Not only did he explain away any 'accusation' (Katrina) with a linguistic ease that critics claimed he never possessed, he continued to rise above the fray and remained the exemplary ex-President.

When asked to comment on Obama's Presidency thus far, Bush refuses to go there. He says he will treat Obama the way he would have liked to be treated (hear that Jimmy Carter...not just saying your a Christian, but practicing Christian tenets...) and that a former President should refrain from jumping in on the criticism because they know first hand how punishing the job is...

Even the folks over at CNN had to say how admirable that was...

YOU CAN WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
"I have zero desire... to criticize my successor. You aren't going to see me out there chirping away. I want our president to succeed. I love our country. I want to treat my successor the way I'd like to have been treated. He's got a plenty tough job, trust me, and there are going to be plenty of critics, and he doesn't need me criticizing him. I don't think it's good for the presidency." ~George W. Bush, Oprah Winfrey Show 11/9/10


I know it's much too much to ask of a MSM reporter, but I'd love one of those CNN reporters to follow up with Clinton and Carter and see what their justifications would be... Of course the CNN couple mention Cheney, but as much as some of us would have relished it...he was never the President.

GWB was promoting new book Decision Points.

No comments: