Thursday, November 04, 2010

The Office of the President

The other day I overheard a woman talking about "that idiot in the White House." That same night I heard the audio of the Democratic crowd in Connecticut booing the President and not allowing him speak. Both things I find extremely disgraceful.

During the eight years Bush was in office I was hoping that it was just the Left that had such flagrant disregard for the Office of the President. I realize that the Right feels that Obama's policies and agendas are truly hurting the country and our children's futures...but come on people. Lets' not be the guy throwing the shoes at a press conference. Who heckles the President? (Though, Obama may be partly to blame as he has made himself common on more than one occasion - most recently allowing John Stewart to refer to him as "dude.")

What is my point? I guess that I'm disappointed that the Office of the President means so little. That regardless of the ideological differences, we can't at least agree that this person was Democratically elected and demands a certain amount of our respect. I cringe at the thought of things being said in front of children across the country --now and throughout the Bush years... I hope that parents are explaining that it's the POLICIES and the misinformation we oppose.

* * * * * * * *

And may I respectfully point out a perfect example of that misinformation: The aforementioned Obama boo-ers were demanding attention to global AIDS and this is how the President responded:

"Excuse me, young people," the president told the group, "You've been appearing at every rally we've been doing. And we're funding global AIDS and the other side is not. So I don't know why you think this is a useful strategy to take." (SOURCE)

Uhmmm, need I remind him of this:



and this:

No comments: