Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Vindicated

I don't like beards. Truthfully, I don't know any girls that like beards.

Small, meticulously groomed goatees or soul patches are okay and a VERY short, very well groomed beard if you need to cover the proof of rough teenage years... But anything else and I just shudder. Can I be frank? It's really is just pubes on your face and that's nothing short of disturbing. And to most women it just says, lazy.

So, I know (from personal experience) men with beards get really upset to hear that most women skeeve beards. They argue with me and claim their girl loves it. Sorry, I'm always 'the messenger.' It seems to be my lot in life.

So yesterday the annual Ig Nobel awards were given and...

"Researchers from the US were awarded the Public Health Prize for finding that bearded scientists posed a risk to their families because bacteria used in the laboratory stubbornly stayed in their facial hair even after washing.
They tested the beards of scientists for three types of bacteria and found they remained present in the hair follicles even after washing and shampooing."
(SOURCE)

So, now they not only LOOK bad, they are riddled with shampoo-resistant bacteria. Ummm, Ewww. Ahem... What are you waiting for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Useless feminist article.