Monday, October 11, 2010

Pickets, Pickets Everywhere!


The protesters at the soon-to-be Krispy Kreme near me are still going strong (though, they were the Electricians and now they're the Carps...) In the past few weeks I've noticed pickets (and the infamous inflatable rat) everywhere. Seven different locations that I can think of off the top of my head within a 10 mile radius of my house...

It would seem that more and more companies are hiring independent contractors despite the possible intimidation by the unions here in the City of brotherly love and its suburbs. In this area that's huge!

For those not familiar with union politics in the northeast...just read about the Plumbers and the Comcast building here in Philly. That story is quintessential union thuggery.

You have to wonder if they're finally losing their stronghold here?

No comments: