Thursday, October 21, 2010

Anita Hill...After All These Years.


"Anita Hill is refusing to apologize for accusing then-Supreme Court justice nominee Clarence Thomas of sexually harassing her, in an issue that Justice Thomas' wife has reopened 19 years after his confirmation hearings.

"I have no intention of apologizing because I testified truthfully about my experience and I stand by that testimony," Ms. Hill, now a Brandeis University professor, said in a statement released Tuesday night.

Justice Thomas' wife, Virginia, had left a voicemail message on Ms. Hill's phone on Oct. 9 asking her to say she was sorry for the allegations that surfaced at Justice Thomas' confirmation hearings for a seat on the high court bench in 1991..." (SOURCE)

Truthfully, I'm a bit young to really remember all the nuances of this case...other then the hair on the Coke can because Howard Stern talked about that for years afterward...or did he make that up?

Anyway, since this story really does pre-date my politically active period I almost moved on to the next thing...but one line struck me:

"When Ms. Hill heard the voicemail, she contacted Brandeis' public safety office, which in turn informed the FBI."

That speaks volumes, doesn't it? I know people like this. Serial over-reactors aka serial attention seekers. She had to report a voicemail? She had to voice enough "fear" to have the FBI involved? Enough said.

No comments: