Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rosy Glasses Removed


"An African-American woman who described herself as a chief financial officer, a mother and a military veteran said she was disappointed that Mr. Obama had not lived up to her once-lofty expectations.

“I’m exhausted of defending you, defending your administration. … I’m deeply disappointed where we are right now,” she said, adding that when she voted for Mr. Obama, she thought he would change Washington. “I’m waiting, sir. I’m waiting. I don’t feel it yet. … Is this my new reality?”

Moments later, a young man offered a similar theme. He noted that the president had ignited a wave of inspiration for young people and students.

“That inspiration is dying away,” he said. “It feels like the American dream is not attainable for a lot of us. … Is the American dream dead for me?”" (SOURCE)

You WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO HERE

I think it was hard and extremely brave for her to say that. She was a supporter. Imagine being face to face with the leader of the free world and telling him straight up with no ums or ahs how disappointed you are with him.

So here's the question. Obama voters aside (they deserve their disappointment for voting in a man that had never run a 7-11 or a company or a state...let alone a country), is Obama's predicament right now a product of his inexperience as a CEO and statesman OR is it a product of world, economy and the times that any leader in his place would be dealing with...?

No comments: