Thursday, July 15, 2010

Obama's Bad Poll Numbers Are YOUR Fault!



Rasmussen polls show that only 24% of Americans 'Strongly approve' of the way President Obama is preforming as President. 42% 'Strongly disapprove.' And WashPo begrudgingly reported that 6 in 10 Americans lack faith in Obama.

Liberals are scrambling to explain this. Over the past week I have heard some priceless explanations (like Americans don;t understand that a President doesn't have control over many of the things they're mad about...I think President Bush would have been happy to hear that!), but I think I like Bill Press's excuse the most:

"I think this says more about the American people than it does about President Obama. I think it just shows once again that the American people are spoiled. Basically, spoiled-- as a people, we are too critical. We are quick to rush to judgment, we are too negative, we are too impatient. Especially impatient. We want it all solved yesterday, and if you don't, I don't care who you are -- get out of the way.

And again, basically spoiled. To the point where it makes me wonder if it's even possible to govern today. I gotta tell you, I don't think Abraham Lincoln -- who certainly didn't get everything right the first time -- could govern today. I'm not sure Franklin Roosevelt could govern today, the way we are again. Just about like spoiled children. And it's Americans, and it's the media, and if we don't get instant gratification, then screw you is basically our attitude."
(source)

I'm going to take a wild guess that he didn't afford Bush this cover. And this is a (former CNN) guy who is on the air lecturing us spoiled Americans about how "the Radical Right has poisoned America's Airwaves."

There is still a hard-core group of Obama-defendants...I honestly think it has something to do with white liberal guilt... It seems THEY are the ones who can't manage to take race out of the equation (and no, I can't blog about the NAACP/Tea Party resolution because I get a migraine every time I think about it...)

No comments: