Friday, June 04, 2010

Shrek is Toxic



"Cadmium has been discovered in the painted design on Shrek-themed drinking glasses being sold nationwide at McDonald's, forcing the burger giant to recall 12 million of the cheap U.S.-made collectibles while expanding contamination concerns about the toxic metal beyond imported children's jewelry.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, which announced the voluntary recall early Friday, warned consumers to immediately stop using the glasses, which were made in Millville, N.J.

McDonald's said it would post instructions on its website next week regarding refunds..." (source)

I actually made a special trip to McDonald's yesterday to get a few of these Shrek glasses (I blame Mo and his Happy Meal guest post for making me feel defiant! haha) But, the paint is on the outside of the cup. Are my kids going to lick the cup or will the paint shed toxins in the dishwasher onto all my other stuff?

(H/T: Liz)

No comments: