Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Obama's Endorsements...He's 0-4


"It's a wake-up call for every incumbent, Republican, Democrat, or anybody around the country," a disappointed Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell said as he left Specter's election-night gathering.

Arlen Specter took a gamble and kissed the ring of the progressives...only to lose for the first time in 30 years. For Toomey's sake I was hoping he'd be able to go head to head with Arlen...but I love the message this sends (regardless of how the White House tries to spin it). I'm also pleased to see that Specter's defeater, Joe Sestak, started talking George Bush right out of the gate...yawn.

"Hours after Specter's loss, Gov. Ed Rendell said he still believed Specter would be a stronger candidate than Sestak against Toomey because of Specter's appeal to moderate Republicans in the heavily populated Philadelphia suburbs.

But he said the party and labor unions would swing behind Sestak despite having worked mightily to defeat him." (source)

Pat Toomey for Senate!

Honestly though, as excited as I am about cleaning house in Washington...I'd be lying if I didn't say that a third party (ANY third party) scares me. Not because I don't want a 3rd (or 4th) party, but because I don't want the Tea Party to fulfill the predictions of the Left and split republicans leaving the Democrats still in charge by default... But, nothing was ever gained without hard work and without taking a risk...

No comments: