Friday, January 15, 2010

We've Decided to Adopt

...a dog instead of buying a puppy. This is a big step for me. Trusting a dog I didn't raise from a pup around my kids...

So I've been looking for the perfect fit for our family. A breed that I know and trust. A dog that is proven to be above reproach around children. A dog that had the "right" story.

First, let me just say that the application process (and competition) is insane! I felt like telling them to leave my pages on file in case I ever wanted to forward it to a human adoption agency. It was seriously that intense. I even had to send pics of our yard, every room of our house and one of each of us...

But, last week I finally found her. Lola, L. O. L. A. Lola. A three year old French Bulldog. She's currently in upstate NY and I am going to get her on Sunday.

There are so many dogs out there being surrendered because of the economy. Most breeds have their own rescue groups --so choosing to adopt doesn't mean you have to end up with a dog/breed/mix that you aren't crazy about...

Lola is already spayed, housebroken and obedience trained...wish I could have gotten my kids that way! ;)

No comments: