Monday, January 11, 2010

Unsung Heroes?


Jasper Schuringa.
Kimberly Munley.
Mark Todd.

Though I was really glad to hear that we are indeed at "War with al Qaeda" and not just dealing with "man-caused disasters," I feel The President (and all of us for that matter) have neglected major contributions to that war. Heroes that have gone largely unheralded. The heroes pictured above.

  • Jasper Schuringa: "....he was only certain something was wrong when he saw smoke. He saw Abdulmutallab's pants open and he was holding a burning object between his legs.

    "I pulled the object from him and tried to extinguish the fire with my hands and threw it away," Schuringa said.

    He said he then screamed for water and pulled Abdulmutallab out of his seat and dragged him to the front of the plane.

    To ensure the suspect did not have other explosives on his body, Schuringa stripped off Abdulmutallab's clothes. He then handcuffed the alleged attacker with the help of a crew member.

    Schuringa said the other passengers applauded as he returned to his seat and that he sustained minor injuries during the take down..." (source)

    This dude is hardcore. He grabbed the burning underpants with his bare hands with no second thought --the plane had 200+ people on it and no one else did that. No one else jumping into action like that. Of course over at HuffPo, they're probably mad he roughed up an al Qaeda and are writing disparaging articles and putting HERO in quotations...
    Well, *I* think you're a HERO (no quotes) Jasper and if you want the rights to the picture YOU took, I think it's the least we can do...


  • Kimberly Munley: I don't care that Officer Munley wasn't the one that actually stopped Hasan the Ft. Hood shooter...she drew her weapon and started shooting while he was shooting at her. Under fire (literally) she proved her character. And, once again despite what HuffPo says, she's a hero in my eyes. Can you fathom that the moonbats at HuffPo are making about "military lies" and a Black man VS a White woman? Don't they get it that it's Americans against radical, crazed Muslims?


  • Mark Todd: The civilian police officer that actually took down Hasan at Ft. Hood.
    "...[Todd] and Munley arrived at the base processing center at the same time, but split up.

    Munley encountered Hasan first and was shot three times in the ensuing gun battle. It's unclear if Hasan was hit.

    Still on his feet, the blood-thirsty Army psychiatrist paused to load his handgun before Todd found him.

    "I came around. I challenged him. I saw him turn toward me and I started taking fire again, and then I returned fire," Todd told NBC's "Today" show.

    Todd said that his shots knocked Hasan off of his feet and he then he checked the gunman for other weapons.

    "I thank God to this day that I wasn't hit," Todd added. "It was a miracle." (source)


  • The fact that all of them kept their head and reacted amidst the chaos of both situations is amazing --and truthfully, other than a flash in the pan here and there, I don't feel like enough attention has been paid to their contributions...except by HuffPo to disparage them...

    No comments: