Tuesday, January 19, 2010

BS Insanity: Beginning of Week 3

For any newcomers...Bathing Suit Insanity is the culmination of a bunch of us here that decided that whether we needed to lose 5, 25, 60 or 100 lbs (or just tone up), it was better to do it with support and partners in pain. The bravest of the brave will post a picture of their progress...possibly in a bathing suit...on July 26, 2010. We have a little over 6 months.

There were two days last week I couldn't do the DVD so I walked with the baby instead (and I had guilt-so that's a good sign). I'm liking Slim in 6 --the second DVD gets a lot harder than the first one was (there are 3)... I have never used resistance bands before and I have to assume they work as I am sore in places I didn't know had muscle...

Because of many of your recommendations (and that of a friend whose Sensei is using it), I decided to order P90X for when I'm done Slim in 6. I found all 13 DVDs for $40.

The hardest thing for me is always crunches...I ALWAYS hurt my back and neck regardless of who helps me with form. The other thing that sucks is the "nothing 3 hours before bed."

The Slim in 6 has a host of supplements that I didn't order, but now I'm wondering if I should. Do I need them if I am eating well and taking a multi-vitamin?

No comments: