Thursday, December 10, 2009

Loyalty for McCain

"...Arizona politics has been buzzing in the last couple of weeks since a Rasmussen poll suggested that Republican Sen. John McCain might be vulnerable in a primary fight against a more conservative challenger. The poll, released November 20, showed McCain ahead of potential opponent J.D. Hayworth, the radio host and former congressman, by just two points -- a 45 percent to 43 percent margin. Yes, McCain -- the longtime incumbent and recent presidential candidate -- is a mere two points ahead of a challenger who isn't even a challenger yet..." (source)

I know, I know...I say we should purge the RINOs. But then I read a story like this. I know McCain has done some politically inexcusable things at times, but it's hard to just turn off the fact that I am a loyal, loyal person. He was our nominee. "...I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy….I was able to get a sense of his soul." Okay, so that might be a bit overboard, but I did shake his hand and I did get a sense of genuine-ness about him. And I don't know what I think about the possibility of ousting a Senator that (even though at times has been aligned with evil --aka Teddy Kennedy), has often times fought for the right thing...and tirelessly for the men and women of the Armed Forces. And this J.D. Hayworth, wasn't he already ousted by the people? Is this misplaced loyalty?

No comments: