Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Why Didn't This End The Global Warming Hoax Debate?!

"The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t."

"Computer hackers have broken into a server at a well-respected climate change research center in Britain and posted hundreds of private e-mails and documents online - stoking debate over whether some scientists have overstated the case for man-made climate change.

In one leaked e-mail, the research center's director, Phil Jones, writes to colleagues about graphs showing climate statistics over the last millennium. He alludes to a technique used by a fellow scientist to "hide the decline" in recent global temperatures. Some evidence appears to show a halt in a rise of global temperatures from about 1960, but is contradicted by other evidence which appears to show a rise in temperatures is continuing.

Jones wrote that, in compiling new data, he had "just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (i.e., from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline," according to a leaked e-mail, which the author confirmed was genuine.

One of the colleague referred to by Jones - Michael Mann, a professor of meteorology at Pennsylvania State University - did not immediately respond to requests for comment via telephone and e-mail." (Read the Entire Story or read it at the NYT --emphasis mine)

I have been pleading for the past few years for someone to explain to me how this idea of man-made global warming is persisting in some people's minds despite all the evidence to the contrary. There IS climate change...warming and cooling...that will probably always happen, but all these scare tactics only turn people off.

Do the powers that be think the American people can't conserve without the threat of ultimate annihilation? Maybe people that would recycle/compost/etc aren't now because they don't want to be seen as buying into the myth...and if we admit that while we do have a responsibility to the Earth...we are not responsible for it's weather (not warming now or cooling in the 70's) more people would be apt to contribute.

My lawn mower has no motor people...it's fully ALa-powered. I have no doubt in my mind that I'm 10,000X greener than Al Gore, Leonardo DiCaprio and any of the other Leper Messiah's... But I do it because landfills ARE disgusting and it's just as easy to be conscience of the waste we are accumulating. I do it because I love my country and I don't want my kids living near waste and breathing in crap... I don't do it because the DNC told me the world was melting...

No comments: