Thursday, November 19, 2009

Health Care, Death Panels, Mammograms and the Tea Party Express...

How's that for utilizing the time my computer actually lets me on before going to blue screen...

My first reaction when I heard about a government panel (Preventative Services Task Force of scientists and researchers ) that declared 40-somethings don't need mammograms or even self breasts exams...I thought, and they called Sarah Palin a liar for talking about the death panels end of life meetings. This is their way of avoiding that. But I wanted to think about it for a day or two before posting. You see, I am one of those women that had a false positive and subsequent disfiguring surgery...to remove regular old breast tissue that was just too dense for a mammogram to read...and appeared to be "a tumor."

But THREE surgeries later and I'll still take all drama that over having missed a malignant tumor and not being here right now...

I can't believe the Obama administration is surprised that people are upset about this. I know completely apolitical people that are questioning the timing of this with the new government funded health care. The group that made this 'recommendation' (which has not one radiologist or oncologist by the way --Here are the members) was freaking out less than a year ago because mammograms among the 40-somethings had fallen? Please explain that... Less than a year ago the test that was so urgent is now completely expendable. And self exams? Stop examining yourself?

This health care bill is not going away without all of us doing something about it. This mammogram thing is only a little preview of what's to come. Not because Obama and the Democrats are evil and want a bad health care system, but there is no alternative. We don't have the resources and we all know that bureaucracy can kill even the best of intentions.

PLEASE contact your Congressmen (in the House and the Senate) and tell then YOU DON'T WANT THIS! That health care reform i.e. cross-state insurance sales and malpractice reform is okay, but NO PUBLIC OPTION/SINGLE PAYER OPTION.

This is why I wish the Tea Party Express had come up the East Coast. I know organizers claimed they wanted to give voice to middle America that never seems to get heard. But, unfortunately I don;t think that will mean much to DC elite and the MSM. A strong showing up the East Coast in some blue states would have sent a stronger message...

The time to remain passively silent has come to an end. Media Matters and the DU can label it 'fear-mongering' all they want, but my at least I will have done what I can to stop this thing...

No comments: