Friday, October 09, 2009

Can I Give You Homework?

I know it would be a first, but there's something I would rather discuss than just post about...

OutRage

Synopsis: Academy Award nominated filmmaker Kirby Dick (This Film Is Not Yet Rated) delivers a searing indictment of the hypocrisy of closeted politicians who actively campaign against the LGBT community they covertly belong to. OUTRAGE boldly reveals the hidden lives of some of our nation’s most powerful policymakers, details the harm they've inflicted on millions of Americans, and examines the media's complicity in keeping their secrets.

I want you all to watch it...it's "On Demand" on HBO for those that have Comcast. Have you ever finished watching something and just needed to talk to someone about it, but no one had seen it? That's how I've been for the past few days...There's too much content to have to explain all the things I feel need to be addressed. Some aspects made me more sympathetic to the Gay community (not that I have ever been hostile toward them...I guess I just haven't thought much of them either way), but I also have to take issue with quite a few things (some hypocrisy of their own). I may write a letter to Michael Rogers of blogactive.com to address some of the things that are really bothering me...

I'd love for you guys to watch it though so you can help me flesh out my thoughts before I write the letter...especially the more Libertarian-minded among you...

No comments: