Friday, September 25, 2009

Pyongyang Elementary?

"A YouTube video shows nearly 20 young children being led in a song overflowing with campaign slogans and praise for "Barack Hussein Obama," repeatedly chanting the president's name and celebrating his accomplishments, including his "great plans" to "make this country's economy No. 1 again."

The video has set off families in Burlington, N.J., who say that politics shouldn't be forced on young students." (source)



Ya know,it's bad enough the government itself is encouraging the canonization of Obama...but for teachers to impose their cultish zeal on kindergartners is beyond the pale.

And how insulting that it's song with the tune and lyrics from "Jesus loves me"--but could they sing the words "JESUS loves me?" And, will they be admonished for using "the middle name"...or was that only fear mongering BEFORE the election?

"He said red, yellow, black or white/All are equal in his sight. Barack Hussein Obama."

...And maybe even worse to the Battle Republic hymn...

And in case anyone would levy the label of racist...you can read firsthand how I deal with the school contradicting my ideology with my offspring...teach MATH and SCIENCE and leave the indoctrination at the door please.

Thank God this wasn't my school...my head would have actually exploded. And from what my kids tell me, they haven't been show "The Story of Stuff" either...

(So, I did some of the soul searching that I asked our President to do. I was wondering if there had been Black presidents since the country began and there was finally a half-White one if it could entice me to sing the President's name? Or if next election a short blonde with my ideology was elected...would I chant her name? I'm happy to report that the answer to both is "no." BUT, that being said...I will be very excited when a woman -of either party- is in the Oval Office. And though I will be more defensive of her than I would be of a man...I will still reserve the same level of distrust for her that I have for all politicians at that level.)

No comments: