Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mandatory Vaccines are A-OK


I know, I know...the government forcing children to have vaccines or they'll boot them out of school should offend my Libertarian sensibilities...but it doesn't.

The Freepers are upset over it, but I can't help but think it's a good thing. I know their concern is probably that the vaccine is too new (my concern with the HPV vaccine, GARDASIL), but NJ is experiencing a "regional outbreak" (17 people have already died from H1N1, 3 of them children) and, quite frankly, it's too damn close to me for people to be playing around.

The Man is currently working in NJ and his job site is teaming with illegals...and that "situation" has been giving me agida thinking about the upcoming flu season. But maybe the mandatory vaccines will even the playing field. (And no, I'm not normally a germ-a-phobe...but I have an asthmatic and a baby...)

So I say, vaccinate those Jerseyites...and quick!

No comments: