Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Is it Racist to Call Everything We Say Racist!?

When Joe Wilson yelled out while Obama was speaking the other day, Maureen Dowd didn't hear "You're a liar!," she heard "You're a liar, BOY!"
I didn't realize she was clairvoyant. Maureen Dowd certainly annoyed me when Bush was President, but who woulda thought she'd be worse when her man actually won (actually, come to think of it, Frank Rich might just be worse now too...)

Maybe there are African Americans that truly believe it's a race thing-- enough years of dealing with racism will do that to a person...but I don't believe for half a second that Ms. Dowd thinks Joe Wilson's outburst was on account of racist sentiment.

As for Jimmy Carter ? Senility maybe?

And even if there are African Americans that are truthfully suspect of criticism of the first (half) Black President that is too harsh--they minimize that concern by saying things like this:

"I guess we'll probably have folks putting on white hoods and uniforms again and riding through the countryside, intimidating people," [Hank Johnson] said, "That's the logical conclusion if this type of attitude isn't rebuked." (source)

When I saw the clip of Johnson saying that (I swear) I was shocked I hadn't heard about the first mentally retarded Representative. So I went and read about him--and he's not! He was a lawyer for 25 years, so I guess he's pretty smart...and was having a bad day articulating when I saw him... (I don't bring this up being facetious, I mention it in case anyone else thought the same thing and would blame his statement on his supposed below-basic mental capacity).

I don't know if I can stay sane if I'm called a racist for the next 3 years and 4 months... If you call me a racist, you're trying to shut me up...and in effect using a sinister tactic of shutting down speech from the opposition. And they said Rove had below-the-belt tactics...

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: