(Originally posted 9/29/07)
Apparently it comes down to these five questions:
1) Have you attended college? (If yes, risk decreases by 13%)
2) Is your annual income over $50K? (If yes, risk decreases by 30%)
Yes: 4 pts.
3) Do you have a religious affiliation? (If yes, risk decreases by 14%)
Yes: 1 pt.
4) Are your parents still married? (If yes, risk decreases by 14%)
Yes: 1 pt.
5) Where you married after the age of 25? (If yes, risk decreases by 24%)
Yes: 3 pts.
**If you scored less than 4 pts. you are "doomed for divorce"
**If you scored between 5-7 you might have a chance with hard work
**If you scored between 8-10 you'll probably make it
Of course all this research was done by Cosmopolitan magazine --right along side this month's sex tips from men...so take it as you will.
I scored a 9 and The Man scored a 7, so I guess we're okay; but they don't tell you what it means if one person gets a 10 and the other a 1...
Random Divorce facts:
-The highest divorce rate is in Nevada.
-Only 63% of American children grow up with both biological parents -- the lowest figure in the Western world.
-Men take separation/divorce harder than women.
-Interesting Statistics on marriage & divorce