Monday, August 03, 2009

Where's the Ruckus?!

Please excuse my unannounced absence...I currently have a wound-that-warranted-an-emergency-room-visit and it really, really hurts to type...

Regardless of the throbbing pain, I had to comment about the glaring lack of outrage over the Free Market Warrior ousting from the Concord Mills outlet mall in North Carolina (of all places!) (Read the whole story here).

It's hard to begrudge someone a t-shirt that says, "No to Osama, Obama and Chelsea’s mama!" when Spencer's is sporting infant onesies that read "made in vagina" and "Little man - Big dick". But Simon Properties felt that the former was much more offensive than the latter...

You would not believe how many properties this company owns! If ALL conservatives, libertarians and lovers of freedom refused to shop at these malls, SIMON PROPERTIES would be forced to take a hard look at what they have done... I realize this is a private company and they have the right to pick and choose who they give contracts to...but WE also have the right to choose where we spend our hard-earned dollars. Then again, if you can't pick and choose based on RACE or RELIGION or GENDER...can you pick and choose based on political affiliation?!

This is going to require a HUGE sacrifice for me as I just discovered that the local strip mall that I walk to almost every day (my supermarket, Saladworks and Rite Aid!!!) is managed (though not owned) by Simon Properties. Damn. Find all the Simon Properties near you.

Simon Properties owner, Melvin Simon, is a HUGE Barack Obama & DNC supporter. If you may recall, Simon Properties owned the mall that cancelled the Atlanta Tea Party... (They're also the greedy wankers that had gift cards expire at their malls...)

You can quote me on this...I would be writing the same post if this guy sold all 'Bush is an Idiot' gear. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND THE LEFT! I ACTUALLY believe in freedom and free speech and dissent!

Wake up people!

No comments: