Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Presidential TV

I'll be the first to admit that I was no big fan of Mike Huckabee when the 2008 primaries kicked off... Once I saw him on Tyra I liked him a bit more--he seemed to have some decent ideas and he wasn't above utilizing daytime TV. And now that he has his own show on Fox News, I really like him. I'd vote for him even. We had that a little of that "getting to know you" phenomenon with Journeys with George. It was evident from that Andrea Pelosi documentary that Bush was immenantley likable (but that may have been released after the 2000 election).

I have been mulling over a post about this growing need... About the fact that we should be able to actually get to KNOW a potential President and Commander in Chief. They should all have their own talk show or reality show BEFORE we walk into the voting booth. What if Ross Perot would have won? If he would have had his own show people would have known he was a loon. And what if Americans would have seen Hillary hurling Mimi Van Buren's china at her Secret Service agents heads? One of the things the founders talked at length about was an INFORMED electorate...and since kids don't seem to learn about government and the Constitution anymore, we could present it in a package they understand: reality show.

In harmony with my thoughts about this, an article at Newsmax suggests that leaving the Governorship and possibly doing a show for FNC might be the best thing Sarah Palin could do...I might agree. I'd like to see what she's like in that setting...interviewing people, fielding questions from brilliant guests and just being herself.

In an ideal world constituents would do their homework and read about the candidates' ideology and policy proposals...but we don't live in an ideal world, so maybe until then we should get to see them all in their natural habitat before we elect them to the highest office in the land.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: