Sunday, May 31, 2009

Justifiable Homicide?


I just got the tweet from RedState and as far as I can tell...it's true.

Infamous late-term abortion doctor, George Tiller (who I have posted about numerous times, was shot and killed in his Lutheran church this morning.

"... The attorney for George Tiller says the late-term abortion provider was shot and killed Sunday at his Wichita church.

Attorney Dan Monnat said Tiller, one of the nation's most visible and strident advocates for abortion rights, was shot as he served as an usher during morning services at Reformation Lutheran Church. Monnat said Tiller's wife, Jeanne, was in the choir at the time of the shooting..." (source)

I have mixed emotions, in the sense that I want to tell my children that vigilante justice is wrong and we must go through the appropriate channels to maintain a country of law and order...but Tiller was an unapologetic mass murderer...with no chance of being stymied in the era of O.

**UPDATE**


  • ...Though I might not agree with Tiller's killer, I wouldn't go as far as Cal Thomas and compare him to the 9/11 terrorists.


  • ...I would, however, be seriously suspect of anyone that would attend a candle light vigil for the man.


  • "I am shocked and outraged by the murder of Dr. George Tiller as he attended church services this morning. However profound our differences as Americans over difficult issues such as abortion, they cannot be resolved by heinous acts of violence." -Barack Obama, May 31, 2009

    What Obama continually fails to comprehend us that he not only accepted, but voted in favor of Tiller's "heinous acts of violence."


  • UPDATE 2

  • Salon.com columnist Gabriel Winant is (basically) accusing Bill O'Reilly of personally inciting Tiller's murder. This columnist obviously has no clue that Tiller had been public enemy #1 in pro-life circles LONG before O'Reilly starting talking about him...


  • What I am about to link is the MOST disturbing anti-abortion/Tiller video I have seen to date. If you are already an anti-abortion advocate you have no reason to subject yourself to this. If you have ever vacillated in your position on this matter, if you find yourself feeling empathy toward Tiller, and especially if you proudly call yourself pro-choice...I wish I could force you to watch. I can't, but you should. You owe it to yourswlf to have all the information before you say you support something...IMO anyway.

    **GRAPHIC** Tiller's Life work **GRAPHIC**
  • No comments: